Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 3 Trip 2

This was a really long day. We left at 6:30 a.m. (When I journaled this day when I didn't have Internet - I journaled pages and pages, but I will try to keep it brief.) We drove to Toruchina (sp?) which was the local city center where the kids were born. We went back and forth between offices to get everything ready for the new birth certificates and passports. At one point, Monte and Korey had to wait in one office since there wasn't enough room in car while we picked up a lady to take her to a notary, then George picked up the Chief of Children's Services to take us to her boss, and we were gone for hours. Monte and Korey had no idea what was going on. I sat outside offices and in and out of offices signing papers, sometimes sitting out in the cold and being questioned by the local chief administrator. It was hard, but at least I kind of knew what was going on. I really felt sorry for them!! After we got everything done there, since things went faster than George thought, we drove on to Odessa to get new tax I.D. numbers for the kids and do the regional passport stuff. We mostly waited in the car. Then we drove back to Belgorod. We never stopped to eat, just ate in the car. We got back to Belgorod late and didn't get to visit the kids.

No comments: